H.E.L.P., the Charity is proud to announce that, to date, H.E.L.P., the Charity, has issued 747 awards of grants totaling $238,303.32.
Through its grant program, H.E.L.P. provides grants to U.S. based non-profit tax exempt schools and other entities to support educational programs. H.E.L.P. was born out of the desire of the owners and franchisees of Figaro’s Italian Pizza, to make a positive, long lasting impact on the communities we serve. The worldwide recession caused many local, state and federal governments to drastically cut the budgets at schools, with potentially devastating results. If our children are unable to receive a quality education, they could fall behind children in other countries, potentially weakening our nation’s competitiveness. It was this need that drove Figaro’s Pizza and its franchise owners to conceive of H.E.L.P., the Charity. H.E.L.P., is ‘Helping Education with Love and Pizza’. H.E.L.P. was launched in late 2010 and has sincegrown by supporting public schools and non-profits.
The funds awarded to date will make a positive impact on children’s lives in many communities, providing contributions to facilitate, among many other contributions, the purchasing of:
• Burns High School: Baseball Equipment-Burns, Oregon
• Centralia Christian School: Facility & Grounds Updates-Centralia, Washington
• Turner Elementary School: Family Friendly Carnival–Turner, Oregon
• Creswell Clubhouse: After School and Summer Camp–Creswell, Oregon
• Humbolt Elementary: Classroom Laptops–John Day, Oregon
• Neskowin Valley School: OMSI Field Trip-Lincoln City, Oregon
• Myers Elementary: Oregon History Time Travel Trip–West Salem, Oregon
• Hawthorne Elementary: Bird of Prey/Raptor Center Trip–Sweet Home, Oregon
• Elmira Elementary School: Bridges Intermediate-Veneta, Oregon
• Communities in Schools of Peninsula: Achievement Unlocked–Lakebay, Washington
If your school or school program could use our H.E.L.P., please visit www.helpthecharity.net.
For additional information, please contact Holly Earle-Schultze at [email protected] or (503) 371-9318 ext. 102.