H.E.L.P., the Charity is proud to announce that, to date, H.E.L.P., the Charity, has issued 747 awards of grants totaling $238,303.32.
Through its grant program, H.E.L.P. provides grants to U.S. based non-profit tax exempt schools and other entities to support educational programs. H.E.L.P. was born out of the desire of the owners and franchisees of Schmizza International, to make a positive, long lasting impact on the communities we serve. The worldwide recession caused many local, state and federal governments to drastically cut the budgets at schools, with potentially devastating results. If our children are unable to receive a quality education, they could fall behind children in other countries, potentially weakening our nation’s competitiveness. It was this need that drove Pizza Schmizza and its franchise owners to conceive of H.E.L.P., the Charity. H.E.L.P., is ‘Helping Education with Love and Pizza’. H.E.L.P. was launched in late 2010 and has since grown by supporting public schools and non-profits.
The funds awarded to date will make a positive impact on children’s lives in many communities, providing contributions to facilitate, among many other contributions, the purchasing of:
- Washington County Kids: Staff training-Hillsboro, Oregon
- Banks High School: Band Equipment-Banks, Oregon
- Beaver Acres Elementary: Hooked on Non-Fiction Books-Beaverton, Oregon
- Upper Rogue Center for Education Opportunities: Classroom Outfitting-Eagle Point, Oregon
- Gladstone High School: Key Club Scholarship Fund-Gladstone, Oregon
- Liberty High School: Culinary Arts Program-Hillsboro, Oregon
- Catlin Gabel School: Robotics Program-Portland, Oregon
- Cedar Park Middle School: Engagement Materials-Portland, Oregon
- Stoller Middle School: Books-Portland, Oregon
- Vestal Elementary: Interactive Program Equipment-Portland, Oregon
- Cedar Park Middle School: Special Education Organizing Materials-West Linn, Oregon
- Skyview High School: Recognition Materials-Vancouver, Washington
If your school or school program could use our H.E.L.P., please visit www.helpthecharity.net.
For additional information, please contact Holly Earle-Schultze at [email protected] or (503) 371-9318 ext. 102