H.E.L.P., the Charity announced that for its latest grant period, which ended February 15th, 2016, it issued 37 awards of grants totaling $13,445.60.
This brings the total awards of grants since H.E.L.P., the Charity began in October, 2010, to 491 awards of grants totaling $118,019.25.
Through its Gold Award winning grant program, H.E.L.P. provides grants to U.S. based non-profit tax exempt schools and other entities to support educational programs. H.E.L.P. was born out of our desire to make a positive, long lasting impact on the communities we serve. The worldwide recession caused many local, state and federal governments to drastically cut the budgets at schools, with potentially devastating results. If our children are unable to receive a quality education, they could fall behind children in other countries, potentially weakening our nation’s competitiveness. It was this need that drove us to conceive of H.E.L.P., the Charity. H.E.L.P. is ‘Helping Education with Love and Pizza’. H.E.L.P. was launched in late 2010 and began raising funds that October. H.E.L.P. is graciously supported by all Figaro’s Pizza outlets. The funds awarded to date will make a positive impact on children’s lives in many communities.
Worthy causes receiving awards in this grant period include:
- Digital microscopes for Howard Elementary – Eugene, OR
- A rock climbing wall for Grants Pass High School – Grants Pass, OR
- Smart Boards for Vineyard Christian School – Grants Pass, OR
- Wildlife conservation at Mule Deer Foundation – La Pine, OR
- Drama and Music Departments at Philomath High School – Philomath, OR
- Power Expanders for the West Salem High School Robotics Club – Salem, OR
- Furniture for new library at Fern Ridge Middle School – Elmira, OR
- Stage lights at Crow High School – Eugene, OR
- Supplies for Brockway Elementary School – Winston, OR
- Cispus Adoption Program at Centralia School District – Centralia, WA
- Scholarships for the Howard/Suamico Education Foundation – Green Bay, WI
In September, 2015, H.E.L.P., the Charity was honored to receive the International Franchise Association Educational Foundation’s highest award, for Innovation and Impact.
If your school or school program could use our “H.E.L.P.”, please visit your nearest Figaro’s Pizza for grant applications, or visit H.E.L.P., the Charity online at www.helpthecharity.org.
H.E.L.P., the Charity is a 501 (c) 3 status non-profit organization.
For additional information, please contact Jennifer Young at [email protected] or
(503) 371-9318 ext. 236.